Sunday, February 5, 2012

Log Cabin: Tutorials annnnddd GO!

Decisions, decisions...I am finally starting my senior project which will conclude my degree in May! I'll be almost 24 years young and ready to get the heck outta school.  But in the mean time I have this  tutorial based website to bust out.  What to start with though is the hardest thing for me.  My check list starts with some easy HTML and CSS tutorials to place on there, then to Javascript, HTML5 animations, jquery, mobile responsive design, and a wordpress plug-in that will just be a gallery of some sort...I have three months to slam this together but have no worries since I'm only taking around 12 credit hours and don't have a car for distraction...my only poison is Facebook and this blog but I think I might be able to manage oh and music of course....www.thewolfandthewolverine.com {sad self promotion}. while I'm at it...mmm Dr. Pepper is the best, and don't forget Sour Patch Kids...do I get paid for endorsement for this? anyways.... I want to create a Javascript Calculator and am searching through the webs trying to find a decent tutorial to get this done...I want it to be good looking to, like digital looking or something.  I have a long road and a lot of ambitious ideas with the time as my devil and procrastination as his advocate.  I got a decent idea on the logo and sections but I think the logo may be a bit "kiddish" since this is the first time that I have created a type by hand and scanned in... basically my drawing skills compare to my reading level somewhere around 5 and 6th grade depending if it involves dinosaurs or space.  I contacted Teamtreehouse.com today to get my super dooper discount for being a student...a whopping 9 dollars compared to the 50 to go through their site and learn web stuff...so yes I am taking tutorials to put tutorials on my site but one must learn some how.  Definitely check them out though if you're interested in web stuff and have a nack...knack? for learning on your own with videos and such.  www.teamtreehouse.com You get badges for completing tasks and after signing up I saw some thing about how if you finish sections you get placed in a pool to be hired by great web-based companies like Facebook, google and a bunch of other start up companies. WOOT!

Tomorrow is going to be a CSS kinda day I think.

By the way Joplin ADDY's are coming up here in 2 weeks. #stoked.

It says to dress in the period, not sure what that means but I'm sure my suspenders and top hat will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment