Monday, April 18, 2011

Entertainment weekly

I'm creating a TV poster for Entertainment Weekly.  The specs are out of control.  Reading this at first threw me for a loop but I just ended up sticking with my guts.  Here it is.

They say Black and white full page is 121,005.  I am going to call them asap to get what a full page color will be and place it here when I get it.  Thats a bunch of money!  Granted the viewers are nearly 2 million.  

The specs is where it gets a bit hairy.  If you go ahead and do the math the bleed is different from side to side.  Kind of funky.  The live area is super thin and the trim is crazy close to the bleed.  I may be interpreting this wrong but from my fuzzy math thats what I got out of it.

Then you head down the page some more and it tells you this... the ad can now be 11x17? I don't know any magazine that huge...hmmm... they must be sizing these down or something.



All said and done at 1 in the morning this is what came out of my mind.  Its a Web mockumentary that I have created for Multimedia authoring.  This is the poster to advertise the event.  The "Microsoft tag" will take you to the youtube channel to watch the video.  My final project will include random funny quotes and images from the story that stuck out during the making of the mockumentary.  Fun times.  Enjoy


All images are copyright free



No comments:

Post a Comment