Saturday, May 28, 2011

Back To Business

So my first week at work was not up to par with the recent events and lack of sleep I found it near impossible to be creative let alone at 8am.  Anyways no excuses next week will be better.  I didn't have to work today so I spent it researching new ways to create files and "export" my ideas to html and Css.  As far as I know  THERE IS NO WAY TO EXPORT HTML WHAT SO EVER. DON'T TRY. What I am finding useful is creating ideas on paper FIRST. after I find a layout I head to FIREWORKS. Well I lied.  First I head to ILLUSTRATOR to create my vector graphics, header, footer, what have you, Then I head to FIREWORKS to import my graphics to impliment them into a "lay out" atmosphere.  You may be thinking why not use photoshop or Indesign...well first if you use Photoshop for anything but raster images Shame on you.  Second Indesign is designated for PRINT. K. now lets talk business. In fireworks it allows you to see the deminsions you need for the right placement of your graphics as well as fonts, fonts sizes and all kinds of useful things you need for THE INTERNET. after I placed my graphics in the lay out I had made up on paper I headed to DREAMWEAVER. This is where I yes...created an empty HTML AND CSS.  After creating a folder in my documents and placing all my images in a designated image folder I was on my way.  K.  First off the HTML...its almost like a revision of your work is how you have to see it.  I used Fireworks to get the sizes of my boxes and artwork.  After making <div>'s and handy <id's> for all of the <div's> I went to my CSS file.  there I instructed all my <id's> to do what they were supposed to do as it said it was doing in FIREWORKS.  I will not stress enough that Fireworks is great for getting an idea as to what you need in order to create CSS and HTML. I still don't understand why there are any Export HTML functions in Adobe it is so messy and just wrong.  If you find it useful, then explain to me how you read the code it presents all the "computer generated" names and code is a nightmare.  Anyways I am currently creating E-blasts at my internship which are little emails that act as HTML pages inside a email.  They are great but not when you are tired.  I have to create a sales pitch for the marketing purpose, I have to know the target audience and use appropriate graphics and fonts as well as maintain the companies image.  Its a task at the least.  After I finished the first one need less to say there are easier ways than creating your file in Indesign and slicing in Photoshop.  If you want to do web...learn web. Otherwise your cheating yourself.  Alright enough with the blabbing and I'll show you what I created in 45 minutes :)

First the FIREWORKS FILE:

Now for the HTML CSS work in DREAMWEAVER:

Not that it's too different but The Browser view:



No comments:

Post a Comment