Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back to Web.

So cutting to the chase.  Internship has started.  Still working on my portfolio site.  Adding some functionality to the portfolio site, and creating E-Blasts at ARC.  These are mass emails that are HTML and CSS based that get sent out to a target market that we offer our discounts and promotions.  Pretty neat.  I've learned that patience is virtue.  I find myself waiting for emails and confirmations a lot of my day.  One thing on my agenda is to start researching and developing a new site for their Hardcore concrete brand.  This is all from scratch and they are asking for me to use a CMS platform...which one to choose...I've been doing some research and my personal favorite is wordpress, but they are looking for client based logins and such and I'm not sure Wordpress can handle the complexity.  Drupal? Joomla? heck .ASP ..ha I'm sure I'll find some time to really sit down and figure out what their mission for the site is and main purpose.  Also "The Great Race" in Joplin is kicking off and I am participating my graphics skills to help bring this together.  This should be a fun summer as long as my personal problems don't weigh it down.  My car is acting up and when I say that I mean it has a tendency to want to touch other cars...hard.  I've gotten in 2 wrecks this year....this one was not at all my fault but the guy didn't have insurance so woohoo...anyways enough with the drama ..mama... for all you visual likers here are a few pics :)

So if you click on the image above and have looked at my previous posts and pictures you will notice that I have changed up my nav bar alittle by adding some flare to it ...adding video which i hope to some day make it from scratch but this will work until HTML 5 is in more house holds and I don't have to write code for 500 different browsers.  The cloud above illustrates all my social media input and you see it! A contact form. wahoo.  All the pages are now functioning the only thing that changes when you navigate pages are the location of the button at which the page is on, and the paragraphs in the body.  more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment