Saturday, November 3, 2012

Responsive Design: Project 1

So while working at my glorious job, I kept getting the President popping in my office telling me, "Hey, the website looks wierd on an iPad." With a full schedule of catalogs to print, brands to manage, translations to translate in the websites themselves, photos to retouch.. well you get the idea. It was hard to see why, after looking at the analytics and noticing that only .83 percent of the users use the iPad, to put effort in my day in customizing it for that platform.  Fear not I pushed aside some time and started a responsive site for one of the brands I manage.  Its scalable from 960px all the way down to basically what ever phone you have.  Not really wanting to deal with " OK it looks good on the Ipad but know my friends "enter device here" looks weird," I decided to just go with responsive design rather than adaptive.  You can see for your self by taking the browser window and adjusting it to any width from as wide as you can go to really narrow the design will fluctuate as you slide.  It was a lot of fun and will enjoy the moments ahead at polishing it up when I get some time, but hey the technology works ! ha

If your lazy and don't want to go to the site I've provided images below that show how it works.

http://www.progressivebikeramps.com




No comments:

Post a Comment