Thursday, January 5, 2012

Stupid, silly E-blasts.

E-blasts done easy. Check it out if you haven't... I think campaign monitor can create inline css if you have styles else where but this is nifty I think. You can head to
Which is described as Preflight for Emails and it will tell you whats going on with your css(as in errors) and give you back a working version of inline styles so you don't have to manually place all the styles individually div by div paragraph by paragraph. Now remember that basic styles like padding, margins, colors and backgrounds are key to success for most email providers but I was able to get a way with floats all the way to embedded web fonts! This maybe old news but I couldn't get anything to look as consistent without this tool ...There were some problems in Hotmail but who the hell uses that anyways? I had inline styles for my font color to be white but it renders green in hotmail...colorblind much hotmail? not sure going to check that out tomorrow but until then if there are designers/developers out there that want results use the link above. I have recently went away from image based emails due to images not being activated in emails. Having a designed email that loads everything but an image or two without any effort on their end is a breath of fresh air and I'm sure your boss will enjoy the open/return rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment