Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Joplin Elementary School Coloring Book

Today I got to go to West Central Elementary in Joplin to present the kindergarteners with a coloring book that the marketing team at the Joplin Admin Building put together.  I got to help create digital illustrations of a Joplin High Schools students drawings.  It was a lot of fun to hand these out.  Eddie the Eagle came along to rial up the kiddos.  They were so excited to hug the enlarged bird it was actually pretty cute.  They cheered when they were going to graduate...2025...geez that is forever away haha.  Anyways I handed out the coloring books to cheerful kids and got my picture taken by some of the Joplin marketing team as well as from some Tv stations and the Joplin Globe.  It is great to see little ones enjoy something so simple.  Kind of jealous ;) Anyways here are some pics of the book which was actually drawn by my cousins son, Jeremiah Johnson.  Didn't even recognize the kid, since I haven't seen him since he was like 9! Crazy fun day.

Back cover of Coloring book

A couple of the illustrations I digitized with the pen tool in Illustrator

Front Cover of Coloring Book

No comments:

Post a Comment