Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Paint the Town Green and Gold MSSU



So I know I'm a Gorilla, but I do live in Joplin and always wanted my home town to be more of a college town.  I had the opportunity to create a mural at Atlas Safe Rooms last weekend for a competition for Paint the town Green and Gold for MSSU.  I got sent an email from my marketing director that they wanted to put something together for the event but didn't really know where to start.  he sent me a pic and from the angle he gave me my mind shot off.  I remember back when I was in school there were these cool 3d perspective trailer trucks where if while you are passing them the contents on the truck looked 3d.  Being able to see 2 sides of the Atlas Showroom gave me enough reason that we could do this.  Having a helpful drawing buddy sitting next to me helped as well.  I showed him some images of what I was thinking.  We both kind of put all our eggs in one basket but were down for the challenge.  We never really told our marketing director until I asked for a budget. ha We got the go ahead and headed for materials.  With a couple buckets of paint, and 20 some odd hours of work we finally created a 3d mural on the outside of the structure that I hope everybody enjoys.  We had a lot of onlookers during the weekend so hopefully thats a good sign.  It was a really fun challenging project to create produce and execute all in a short amount of time to meet monday's deadline.  And now the images.


Inspiration
3D rendering via Photoshop

Execution on 20 3' glass panels

No comments:

Post a Comment