Friday, December 30, 2011

when an Art kid tries to accomplish math.

A baby koala bear looses a leg...It has been an exhausting day. I despise math but love patterns. I play drums so I should at least have a caring understanding how numbers work together and how they can be used creatively, but man it makes my head hurt to problem solve like this. Code school has helped me out though today at least care to undertake this procedure with out any school training. I have a great appreciation for how data gets entered into databases and how all this code is here to help us manage large amounts of data with a "function" or "if" statement. Oh what it would feel like to get asked to complete a complex task and you head to the computer enter in a few lines of code and thousands of archives and data pieces have been updated as people just ask how you did that so quickly and you just shrug it off..haha anyways that was a dumb rant. Its not even really number math as it is word problem solving but talk about a wake up call. Yay Winter break, how about instead of spending time with friends and family I just sit in my dungeon room and listen to tutorials all day. Anybody wanting to get into this stuff dedication is key, there is soo much to learn and having the addiction to wanting to know everything is a curse. I had to get away from it for a minute so I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense as my brain is pretty garbled up by arithmetic and logic. It is working though I have been able to complete tasks with out help and am feeling accomplished but it is always a sad realization that this is so beginner but yet still complex for me is quite daunting. One step at a time I suppose.

I'm getting stoked for San Francisco this May for graduation and the spring semester hasn't even started yet... mega-motivator I suppose. I still need to think of something for a senior project. I'm thinking a tech blog/magazine but I'm notorious for digging my self 58 feet deep and scrambling to complete something that takes an army to conquer...I would be doing the photoshoots, the website, content management, SEO and what ever web technologies needed to show some sort of success, graphic design, printing work, video work and on screen graphics. I would really like to find some writers that would be dedicated enough to follow through with a couple stories but I'm not sure if I would be able to manage such a big project like that and have control of people. Hmm we'll see how this pans out. I plan on documenting the whole project from start to finish to get maybe some grasp of how I work as a graphic designer and how my workflow ...flows? anyways This is the first step of the new year...

Ramble ramble ramble..

No comments:

Post a Comment